Do I need Flood Insurance?

U.S. homeowners who live in a “Special Flood Hazard Area” – as determined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) — are required to buy flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) for as long as they have a mortgage. Otherwise, most homeowners aren’t required to carry flood coverage. The problem is that more than 50% of flood losses come from areas outside of Special Flood Hazard Areas.

Enter your property by Address, Neighborhood, City, or Zip